In the world of mounting solutions for gadgets and devices, two names stand out: RAM Mount and 67 Designs. Both companies offer a range of products aimed at helping users secure their devices in various settings, from cars to boats and everything in between.
In this article, we’ll dive into the differences between RAM Mount and 67 Designs, their pros and cons, and ultimately, which one might be the right choice for you.
A Brief Comparison Table
|Extensive range of mounting solutions
|Limited selection, focused on popular devices
|High-quality, rugged materials
|Minimalist, sleek design
|Wide range of interchangeable components
|Limited customizability compared to RAM Mount
|Ease of Use
|Can be complex due to vast options
|User-friendly, easy installation
|Various industries and applications
|Off-road vehicles and everyday users
|A-size (0.56-inch), B-size (1-inch), C-size (1.5-inch)
|Moderate to high, depending on the product
|Moderate to high, depending on the product
|Established brand with a large user base
|Growing popularity, particularly among off-road enthusiasts
The Battle of The Mounts: RAM Mount’s Background
RAM Mount, a brand under National Products Inc. (NPI), has been around since 1992, boasting a vast collection of mounting solutions for various devices. Their products cater to a wide range of industries, from aviation and marine to agriculture and law enforcement.
Known for its patented ball-and-socket mounting system, RAM Mount offers strength, durability, and versatility in their products.
Pros of RAM Mount
- Variety: RAM Mount has an extensive catalog of products, with mounting solutions for everything from smartphones to tablets, laptops, and even cameras. This wide range of options allows users to find the perfect mount for their specific needs.
- Durability: RAM Mount products are known for their ruggedness and ability to withstand harsh conditions. They’re built with high-quality materials, ensuring that your devices stay secure, no matter the environment.
- Customizability: RAM Mount offers a vast selection of interchangeable components, making it easy to mix and match parts to create a custom mounting solution tailored to your needs.
Cons of RAM Mount
- Price: RAM Mount products can be on the pricier side, which may deter budget-conscious shoppers. However, the durability and versatility of their products often justify the higher price tag.
- Complexity: With so many options to choose from, finding the perfect RAM Mount solution can be overwhelming for some users.
The New Kid on The Block: 67 Designs
67 Designs, a younger competitor, has quickly gained popularity in the mounting solutions market, particularly among off-road enthusiasts.
Established in 2012, the company has earned a reputation for producing high-quality, sleek, and minimalist mounting solutions that cater to both off-road adventurers and everyday users.
Pros of 67 Designs
- Aesthetic Appeal: 67 Designs’ products feature a minimalist design, offering a clean and polished look that seamlessly blends with most interiors. This stylish appearance sets them apart from the more industrial-looking RAM Mount products.
- Ease of Use: 67 Designs’ mounting solutions are straightforward and user-friendly, making installation and adjustments a breeze.
- Focus on Off-Road Market: 67 Designs has carved a niche in the off-road market, offering mounting solutions specifically designed for off-road vehicles like Jeeps and trucks. This targeted approach has earned them a loyal following among off-road enthusiasts.
Cons of 67 Designs
- Limited Selection: Compared to RAM Mount, 67 Designs has a more limited product lineup. While they offer mounting solutions for popular devices like smartphones and tablets, their selection isn’t as extensive.
- Price: Like RAM Mount, 67 Designs’ products can also be expensive. However, their high-quality materials and sleek design help justify the cost.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
67 Designs is a popular alternative to RAM Mount, particularly for off-road enthusiasts. They offer a range of high-quality, minimalist mounting solutions for various devices.
RAM stands for Round-A-Mount. The name is derived from the company’s patented ball-and-socket mounting system, which allows for secure and versatile mounting options.
67 Designs uses a 20mm (0.79-inch) ball for their mounting system, which is compatible with their range of clamps, arms, and device holders. This size is slightly smaller than the 1-inch (25.4mm) ball used by RAM Mount in their B-size mounting systems.
The weight capacity of a RAM Mount depends on the size of the ball and socket system used. RAM Mount offers three primary sizes: A-size (0.56-inch/14.2mm), B-size (1-inch/25.4mm), and C-size (1.5-inch/38.1mm). A-size mounts can typically support up to 2 pounds, B-size mounts can support up to 5 pounds, and C-size mounts can support up to 10 pounds. However, it’s essential to consult the specific product information for accurate weight capacity ratings.
C-size RAM mounts feature a 1.5-inch (38.1mm) diameter ball and socket system. These mounts are designed for heavier devices and applications, with a weight capacity of up to 10 pounds. C-size mounts are popular in various industries, including marine, aviation, and agriculture, due to their strength and durability.
Choosing between RAM Mount and 67 Designs ultimately comes down to your specific needs and preferences. RAM Mount offers a wide variety of mounting solutions for numerous devices and industries, making it an excellent choice for those who require versatility and customizability.
Their durable materials and proven track record make RAM Mount a reliable choice for mounting solutions in harsh environments.
On the other hand, 67 Designs offers a sleek, minimalist design that sets them apart from their competitors. Their focus on off-road vehicles and user-friendly products make them a popular choice among off-road enthusiasts and those who value aesthetics in their mounting solutions.
In the end, both RAM Mount and 67 Designs offer high-quality, durable mounting solutions for a variety of devices. It’s essential to assess your specific needs, preferences, and budget to determine which brand is the best fit for you.