Auto enthusiasts and professional mechanics alike can attest to the importance of a high-quality automotive lift. Whether you’re looking to perform routine maintenance, make modifications, or store vehicles, choosing the right lift is crucial.
Two heavyweights in the industry, BendPak and Triumph, have been duking it out for supremacy. In this comprehensive review, we’ll compare the two brands, discussing the pros and cons of each and help you decide which lift is right for you.
A Brief Comparison Table
|Multi-position safety locks, automatic arm restraints, slack-cable safety device
|Adjustable safety locks, redundant safety cables
|Range of Models
|Ease of Use
BendPak: The All-Rounder
BendPak is a highly regarded brand in the automotive lift industry.
With over 50 years of experience, they have built a reputation for offering reliable and well-engineered lifts.
BendPak lifts are known for their excellent build quality, safety features, and ease of use, making them a popular choice for both professional and home garages.
- Quality: BendPak lifts are made with high-quality materials, and the company pays special attention to engineering and manufacturing. This results in lifts that are not only durable but also easy to operate and maintain.
- Safety: Safety is a top priority for BendPak, and their lifts come with various safety features like multi-position safety locks, automatic arm restraints, and redundant safety cables.
- Variety: BendPak offers a wide range of lifts to cater to different needs, including 2-post, 4-post, and specialty lifts.
- Price: BendPak lifts tend to be on the more expensive side compared to other brands. However, many argue that the premium price is justified given the quality, features, and longevity of the lifts.
Triumph: The Value Champion
Triumph is another reputable lift manufacturer that offers high-quality, budget-friendly lifts. While they may not have the same name recognition as BendPak, Triumph lifts are quickly gaining popularity for their affordability, durability, and ease of use.
- Affordability: Triumph lifts are generally more affordable than their BendPak counterparts. This makes them a popular choice for those looking for a quality lift without breaking the bank.
- Durability: Despite their lower price point, Triumph lifts are still built to last. They use high-quality materials and robust construction to ensure a long service life.
- Ease of Use: Triumph lifts are designed with simplicity in mind. They are easy to install and operate, making them a great option for those new to using automotive lifts.
- Limited Range: Triumph’s product line is not as extensive as BendPak’s, which means that you may not find the exact lift that suits your needs.
- Less Premium Features: While Triumph lifts are durable and reliable, they may lack some of the more advanced features found on higher-priced BendPak lifts.
Comparing BendPak And Triumph Lifts
Now that we’ve covered the pros and cons of each brand, let’s dive into a head-to-head comparison of their 4-post lifts, one of the most popular lift types among car enthusiasts and mechanics.
4-Post Lifts: BendPak HD-9 vs. Triumph NSS-8
- BendPak HD-9
The BendPak HD-9 is a versatile and popular 4-post lift designed for both storage and maintenance purposes. With a 9,000-pound capacity, it can accommodate a wide range of vehicles.
The HD-9 boasts excellent build quality, a space-saving design, and a host of safety features like a slack-cable safety device and multi-position safety locks.
- Triumph NSS-8
The Triumph NSS-8 is an affordable yet reliable 4-post lift with an 8,000-pound capacity. Its construction is solid, and it is equipped with essential safety features like redundant safety cables and adjustable safety locks.
While it may not have all the bells and whistles of the BendPak HD-9, it still offers excellent value for money.
Also Read: Is RTD Lift Worth It?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, BendPak is a reputable brand known for its high-quality, reliable, and safe automotive lifts. They have been in the industry for over 50 years and have built a strong reputation among professionals and car enthusiasts alike.
Absolutely! BendPak lifts are known for their excellent build quality, safety features, and ease of use. While they tend to be more expensive than some other brands, many argue that the premium price is justified given the quality, features, and longevity of their lifts.
BendPak’s manufacturing facilities are located in Santa Paula, California. They have a state-of-the-art factory that ensures consistent quality and craftsmanship across their product range.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best 4-post auto lift for you will depend on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. Both BendPak and Triumph offer high-quality 4-post lifts with different features and price points, so you can choose the one that best suits your requirements.
The choice between the BendPak HD-9 and the Triumph NSS-8 ultimately depends on your budget and preferences. If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line lift with advanced features and superior build quality, the BendPak HD-9 is the way to go.
However, if you’re in search of a more budget-friendly option that still delivers on durability and reliability, the Triumph NSS-8 is a fantastic choice.